Molyneaux Law seeks a legal assistant to support a small law firm with a growing labour, employment and human rights law practice. This is a 1-year contract to cover a parental leave, starting in June 2020.
The ideal candidate:
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has experience working in an office setting, preferably as a legal assistant at a law office
- Is a ‘people person’
- Shows attention to detail
- Is comfortable with technology, including electronic file management technology (experience with Clio an asset)
- Is punctual, attentive and self-starting
- Shares Molyneaux Law’s commitment to providing high-quality, progressive service to a diverse client group, including marginalized clients
Anticipated duties include:
- Assisting lawyers with file-management, including maintenance of electronic file management system
- Communicating with clients, opposing counsel, and other parties by phone and in writing, including by assisting counsel in drafting correspondence
- Conducting client intake calls
- Scheduling meetings and other matters for lawyer
- Office management tasks including invoicing, bill payment, mailings, office supply orders, etc.
$17-20 per hour, commensurate with experience. Generous sick-time and vacation policy.
Possibility to incorporate paralegal practice opportunities and corresponding alternative remuneration structure available to qualified applicants, including coverage of professional fees.
Molyneaux Law is committed to diversity and inclusion, and to upholding its non-discrimination obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please advise at the time of your application if you require any accommodation in the application or interview process.
Accessibility Info: Our building has automatic main doors, accessible by ramp and our second-floor offices can be accessed by elevator. Accessible, all-gender washrooms on main floor.
COVID-19 Info: We expect that interviews will be conducted by video conference. If social distancing measures continue to be directed in June 2020, the successful candidate will be expected to work from home on a part-time basis until such time as social distancing directives are lifted and will be provided with the necessary equipment to do so. It is expected, but not guaranteed, that the successful candidate’s hours of work will increase upon our firm’s return to more regular working arrangements.
How to apply: Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume to Roberto Henriquez at info [at] molylaw.com by 22 May 2020. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.