Molyneaux Law seeks a part-time legal assistant to support a sole practitioner with a growing employment and human rights law practice. The ideal candidate:
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has experience working in an office setting, preferably as a legal assistant at a law office
- Is a ‘people person’
- Shows attention to detail
- Is comfortable with technology, including electronic file management technology (experience with Clio an asset)
- Is punctual, attentive and self-starting
- Shares Molyneaux Law’s commitment to providing high-quality, progressive service to a diverse client group, including marginalized clients
Anticipated duties include:
- Assisting lawyer with file-management, including maintenance of electronic file management system
- Communicating with clients, opposing counsel, and other parties by phone and in writing, including by assisting counsel in drafting correspondence
- Conducting client intake calls
- Scheduling meetings and other matters for lawyer
- Office management tasks including invoicing, bill payment, mailings, office supply orders, etc.
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume to Sarah Molyneaux at email@example.com by 5 April 2019.
$16-20 per hour/15 hours per week, commensurate with experience.
Molyneaux Law is committed to diversity and inclusion, and to upholding its non-discrimination obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please advise at the time of your application if you require any accommodation in the application or interview process.
Accessibility Info: Our building has automatic main doors and our second floor offices can be accessed by elevator. Two steps lead to Sarah’s office, but stair-free meeting space is available on request. Office and washroom doors are manual. Accessible washroom.
DISCLAIMER: This blog is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Results of cases described on this website may not be typical and are not guaranteed. The accuracy of Moly Law Blog posts is not guaranteed. If you would like legal advice or have questions about your particular workplace problems, please contact a lawyer. Click Here to contact Hamilton employment and human rights lawyer Sarah Molyneaux now. Contacting Molyneaux Law or using this website does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Your use of this website is entirely at your own risk.
COMMENT POLICY: DO NOT POST COMMENTS SEEKING ADVICE OR REVEALING PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF, YOUR CASE OR YOUR WORKPLACE ISSUES. COMMENTS ARE NOT REGULARLY MONITORED AND ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL. WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO COMMENTS THAT SEEK ADVICE ABOUT YOUR SPECIFIC WORKPLACE SITUATION. COMMENTS DO NOT CREATE A LAWYER-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. DO NOT POST HARASSING OR DISCRIMINATORY COMMENTS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO EDIT COMMENTS FOR LENGTH AND CONTENT.