Molyneaux Law seeks a part-time legal assistant to support a sole practitioner with a growing employment and human rights law practice. The ideal candidate:
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has experience working in an office setting, preferably as a legal assistant at a law office
- Is a ‘people person’
- Shows attention to detail
- Is comfortable with technology, including electronic file management technology (experience with Clio an asset)
- Is punctual, attentive and self-starting
- Shares Molyneaux Law’s commitment to providing high-quality, progressive service to a diverse client group, including marginalized clients
Anticipated duties include:
- Assisting lawyer with file-management, including maintenance of electronic file management system
- Communicating with clients, opposing counsel, and other parties by phone and in writing, including by assisting counsel in drafting correspondence
- Conducting client intake calls
- Scheduling meetings and other matters for lawyer
- Office management tasks including invoicing, bill payment, mailings, office supply orders, etc.
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume to Sarah Molyneaux at email@example.com by 5 April 2019.
$16-20 per hour/15 hours per week, commensurate with experience.
Molyneaux Law is committed to diversity and inclusion, and to upholding its non-discrimination obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please advise at the time of your application if you require any accommodation in the application or interview process.
Accessibility Info: Our building has automatic main doors and our second floor offices can be accessed by elevator. Two steps lead to Sarah’s office, but stair-free meeting space is available on request. Office and washroom doors are manual. Accessible washroom.